This is my kitchen table. A big fat leathery mess.
DS and I have been delving into leather work. He wanted to give his friends 'Handmade!'
I'm happy to support that.
Also, very interested.
|One of two hides I now have in the house - will they stay with me or do they travel with DS?|
He made this hatchet cover.
- We covered pattern making.
- How to figure out dimensions if you do not want to pay $4.99 for a digital download.
- How leather stretches (OMG).
- What types of leather we really needed.
- How to hold a bic lighter so it does not scorch the leather (do not use on cork!).
- Which tools are necessary (thank you garage sale find! and Tandy Leather).
We are now working on a design for a four card minimalist wallet with middle pocket. DS bought the second hide - a shoulder cut - the other night. This leather cut looks like we'll be able to shave the 'seams' easier and provide a bit more structure - and less stretch.
His goal is a minimalist wallet. He also made a couple of journal covers.
I have seriously awesome kids.