13 January, 2016

Found Me An Airplane







Pearl Harbor.

U.S.S. Arizona Memorial

Bird of Paradise flower.




Found me a Stearman Kaydet.





Runway quilt at Pacific Air Museum on Ford Island.

Could be propellers.

Each block is hand signed at center by notable people.



C-47(aka DC-3)




Wildcat




I loved this B-17 display. Crashed with bent propellers.



P-40 Flying Tiger.



Bullet holes in glass panes from December 7, 1941.


We did the touristy thing today. Pearl Harbor.

National Park Service --this is a free thing to experience.


The Pacific Air Museum costs money but I learned, on the fly, how to pay for a Groupon deal on my phone to get a ticket deal.

Both were beyond awesome and worth doing if you're ever on Oahu.

So much aviation history, so much American history.

My new goal is to figure out how to take a Bird of Paradise home...


3 comments:

  1. I love that you are on Oahu!!! Enjoy your vacation!!!! Will there be any craft fairs in that park next to the zoo? That is where I got two of my favorite pieces of jewelry on 2 different trips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some notices for swap meets and farmers markets. Maybe - if it works out. I've found cool things before at a craft fair on Maui

      Delete
  2. Oh boy.. you're having some fun there! Aloha!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.