18 January, 2016

Kaimuki Dry Goods
















Kyle!







So, this is what I bought:

Thin tissue knit for a t-shirt. I was even thinking of ice-dyeing this (pencil girl).



Absolutely thought this would make an awesome t-shirt with reverse side as binding. So much texture. My favorite colors. Do not ask about the price.

Definitely more in priceline with the 48. Drawn to certain Trendtex fabrics that you can buy cheaper at FabricMart.

Definitely not done with lusting after japanese fabrics - which were cheaper in Nippori (Tokyo) .
That airplane fabric?? $27/yd.

A lovely chat with the ladies led to a nice lunch spot.

Very friendly, amazingly helpful.

I spent an inordinate amount of time contemplating the swim suit fabrics. A one-piece is not your friend when you gotta go pee.

I'm thinking I should wear a bikini at my age. The age when you move past body issues.

If you're ever on Oahu, kaimuki dry goods is very easy to get to --I took TheBus again. So easy to get around Oahu when you want to ditch hubby and DS. You hear and see so much local flavor.

On this trip, I have learned two new things that my aging Smarty pants phone can do:: Groupon coupon for Pearl harbor that saved us a ton of money at Pacific air museum.

And, Google maps has bus routes. So easy to put in your destination. Google maps pulls up the best bus route, where to transfer, how many steps to walk between stops.

I am seriously getting smarter with my smarty-pants phone.

3 comments:

  1. I love this place! All of the fabric looks fantastic! And yes to ice dyeing. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done coping with technology! And more great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I have to read this post and your next post more carefully after work tonight, but....sashiko grid fabric on the bolt!!!!!!!! I have never seen that before!!! I tried framing another sashiko last night but once I was done framing it, I realized it really needed another press so back to the drawing board tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.