02 December, 2009

Chocolate Covered Pretzels


 

I've made these for our Christmas Bazaar for years. They make wonderful gifts as most people cannot resist the combination of chocolate with that little zip of salt.


This year I bought a Wilton Chocolate Pot that melts the chocolate and keeps it warm for dipping.
I bought it with my 40% off coupon here.


The only downside to the pan? It's made of aluminum that when weighed down by the chocolate and you pick it up by the handle -- the handle bends. Knowing that - you don't pick up the pan by the handle.


It does a great job of keeping the chocolate at the right temperature for coating pretzels. I am using chocolate melties sold in the bulk bins here at the Clackamas location. I used some of the bulk pieces of dark chocolate  for my peppermint bark and that worked as well.
  Overall - I like this pan and my old way of using the double boiler - being careful to keep the water condensation from reaching the chocolate is over. The microwave works with pyrex but if the pyrex gets too hot, it will break in half. This pan seems fairly foolproof.


Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.