Yesterday afternoon, I got to sew.
Yesterday's post details some frustration but I wanted to show you some good sewing.
This cute little frame purse went together easily. I've made a few now.
Hardest part is picking out the fabric.
At a recent garage sale, I picked up this summer tablecloth is fantastic stripes.
The gal selling told me all about her summer tablecloth.
I never tell them what their precious tablecloth is gonna become. They get huffy.
The tablecloth had rust stains in the middle but I knew it had possibilities.
Look at the fantastic fringe.
In other sewing news, I mended my hubby's swim trunks. These are old.
The cord got frayed and needed to be replaced.
He went out and bought a new pair.
Then he came crying to me because the legs were narrower and were chafing his legs.
All I had to do was remove the center back stitching holding the cord from being pulled through.
Then I attached the new cord to the old with a safety pin and wrapped some scotch tape around the join to make it go through smoother.
Except the tape came off inside the casing. I am so not going to tell him. It's still in there.
I then sewed the center back to hold the new cord in place.
(catching the tags in the seam, r-i-p, re-sew)
He's got a new cord to tie them tight and he's happy.
And he doesn't have to wear the new trunks that chafe.
I think he's just a typical guy who is uncomfortable in new clothes.