01 May, 2011

Birthday Cake

A quick post with the finished birthday cake. Gluten-free German Chocolate Cake in all it's glory.

Everybody enjoyed the cake and I think it succeeded in introducing family members to alternative ingredients.

My daughter, who is exposed to many gluten-free desserts was impressed with it's lightness.

I even enjoyed a second piece the next day with very little reactions. The cake is good but the actual craving is for the gooey coconut-pecan frosting.

My brother said buck-wheat flour is not a grain like wheat. He called it just something they planted for the ducks that has a seed kernel similar looking to wheat but it's not in the same family. This recipe utilized brown rice flour, buckwheat flour and coconut flour. Buckwheat  is something for me to challenge perhaps -- to see if I can tolerate it in small bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.