28 February, 2017

Mystery Quilt Block







My friend, rescued this Blue & White Quilt top and finished it with backing.
No one at Zion Mennonite knows the name of this block.
So I'm throwing it out there.







 It's a square with little triangles attached in this pattern.
This is all hand-pieced. I love all the scrapiness and irregularities.

My friend did all the hand quilting on the finished quilt.

Do you know the name of this block?








I leave you with seriously orange cupcakes. For my birthday boy. It's his last year at Oregon State University (OSU). He's finishing up his Pharmacist residency.

The cupcakes are orange and the frosting is orange. Definitely Beaver colors.



6 comments:

  1. Sorry, I don't know the name of the block, but the quilt is very pretty :)

    Happy birthday Rocket Jr. ... I think pharmacists are a greatly underutilized asset! Here in Canada we're finally recognizing their value, and they're being given more responsibilities. An immediate benefit is that they're more accessible to the general public than doctors are! Being able to get a flu shot @ the pharmacy (at a convenient time!) instead of having to go to the doctor's office is just one way that they're saving us time and money - GO PHARMACISTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! I am going to guess and call it the bachelor button block. Silly, but the blue block also reminds me of a stack of hot water bottles!
    Congratulations to DS! Nice cupcakes to celebrate with!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for guessing! I shpuld have made this a game with a giveaway.

      Delete
  3. Gads... if those quilter ladies don't know the name of that square I don't know who would.
    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your son!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the quilt reminds me of something I saw with "pineapple" in the name? I know, REALLY HELPFUL, right?

    ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All those triangles - could be a variation of a pineapple block.

      Delete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.