31 December, 2011

Kitty Nightie


The nightie arrived in a package from Minnesota today.
I am this close to becoming one of those grandma's who have life-size dolls at their houses.
Fortunately I still have this big teddy bear floating around one of the bedrooms so I have a model. It's not like Rusty would ever wear this and not try to rip it to shreds at the same time. There are moments when I really miss my other dog, Rocket. He lived to dress-up.

The nightie is for the three-year-old great-niece, Sophea. My sister found the fabric and a pattern and sewed this really cute nightie to go with the doll bed.



at least we can drink the beer now that it is no longer needed as a model.



The Phea bear modeling in the hangar as it is chilly outside (freezing fog this morning).
I don't know how she climbed up into the airplane.



A  friendlier perch on the tail.



Rusty is not ripping this outfit to shreds although a thin trail of lab slime might have attached itself to the hem. This is the fifth photo as Rusty cannot hold still.




Close-up of the front details.
Pretty ribbon and flowers.



Notice the perfect kitty button closure and the pink-heart stitching around the neckline.
Purr-fect placement of the button, sis.
 
 
 
 
 HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  I did an informal  survey at work Friday.   Until 3:48pm, I had a 100% response  for Not staying awake until midnight (hubbardites are SLUGS), then all of a sudden, I had four in a row say THEY WERE STAYING UP to see the new year in.
I went from being very impressed at having a 100% survey response to  understanding the night owls hadn’t come in yet to my retail business.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you, too! I stayed up until 12:30, then woke up at my usual time and climbed a mountain New Year's morning. 11 year-old DD wanted to stay up ALL night long but only made it to 11:15, but that's longer than last year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.