21 August, 2013

Oneonta Falls




We met up with my sis at Multnomah Falls.
Our plan was to have lunch here and then hike Oneonta Falls.




Don't go this way. You can -- but don't say I didn't warn you.


Staircase down to the creek. We hiked up Oneonta Gorge -- up the creek.

Literally.


This is the Best Hike Ever.
It's short (1.8 miles), level, easy but it has a few obstacles.
The first one is a giant logjam at the beginning.





Looking back - you're gonna come back to this one.


The gorge walls close you in - much cooler than the 92' out there.
There was very little dry land.




Wall-to-wall water.




The second obstacle? 3 feet of water to wade through.
HaHaHa!
It was more like 4 feet - nearly up to my neck.
Got your ziploc for your camera?











And here we are a short time later.


The best hike ever.







This was the first photo I took at Multnomah Falls which I had assumed was a dud - glaring sunlight and all that.
When I got home - I decided it was pretty cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.