20 July, 2014

Hosmer Lake




I went to visit a friend in Redmond, Oregon this weekend.
We loaded up her vintage (heavy) aluminum canoe and took the dogs to Hosmer Lake.

Beautiful.

Paddling through the reeds.


The two dogs graduated as "Best Boat Dogs Ever" which basically means they stayed seated and did not tip the canoe.

My phone camera stayed secure in my pocket - so I stole some lake photos from someone else.


It was a breezy hot day which meant no bug spray but plenty of sunscreen.
There were a couple of wildfires raging between Sisters & Redmond but we lucked out with no smokey smell over Hosmer.



Red Winged Blackbirds were plentiful and colorful.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a perfect day at the lake. Glad you are home safe and weren't impacted by the wild fires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks wonderful! No mountains or lakes around here :-(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.