06 August, 2012

Volleyball Hat


Tiny bit of sewing for child. He found a hat he could wear while waiting around at the volleyball tournament this weekend.
He wanted a black band about 1 1/4" wide that tucked in at one side.
Looking through my lack of black fabrics, I decided on a bias strip of OSU orange fabric, then I spied this Guatemalan belt of multi-colors.

Belt frays so I blanket stitched the ends to keep fraying at a minimum and fray-checked that stitching.
Then I tacked it down in a couple of spots on the hat.

Hat found in house.
Guatemalan belt free at a garage sale.
Steamed to make belt tighter.




Volleyball tournament in Seaside this weekend August 10 -12th, 2012
On the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.