02 June, 2010

Licorice








Gluten-free Licorice: Allen's Gourmet Licorice made in Nelson, B.C.
This licorice is made from Molasses, brown rice flour, aniseed oil & licorice root.




Bought here:


Kings Cupboard

2225 N Pacific Hwy WoodburnOR 97071
503-981-3557



With all of my allergies, I spend an inordinate amount of time looking for foods I can eat. 



 Certain cravings surface continually.
One of these is Licorice.



Lately, a friend reminded me of Licorice Tea.   Licorice Spice Tea from Stash to be precise.

I've probably had ten cups of this tea in the last few weeks. And - it's almost enough to satisfy this craving.






I was at the King's Cupboard in Woodburn this morning and found this wheat-free licorice. It's a semi-soft, sticky type of licorice. It's good.
Then there is  salted licorice, more popular in Finland, called salmiakki. This is good stuff. It also doesn't contain flour or barley, typically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.