31 May, 2010

Where Did May Go?

My thoughts lately have not been lining up with my photos. 




My thoughts have been getting dragged down by the "it's all about Kathy" world.
 Meanwhile, I am still creating things.   Sometimes it goes quite slowly.
 
I needed to take a few weeks off from journaling and reaffirm what I am journaling about.
What are my goals for this journal? You know - deep, profound thoughts.
I made thank you postcards for my fat quarter swappies utilizing some of the fabric I received.
I took the paisley and sandwiched card stock in between this fabric and a second fabric. Then I free-sewed around the paisley pattern to hold things together and zigzagged loosely around the edges. I simply wrote on the back with a sharpie and labeled them on the front. 
While doing eight of these -  four per card stock sheet, I remembered one of my neighbors has been dealing with a newish diagnosis of colon cancer. So- I took more of the fabrics and sewed a patchwork card to let her know - she's a sewer, so she gets it, that I was thinking of her that day.
I thought to wait to post the finished photos - and the process to create these fun projects.
 May has always been a busy month, and for now, here's a sampling of what I have been working on. 

1 comment:

  1. So, tie-dying underwear??? Is your college-boy getting a fun present???

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.