30 November, 2016

Random Makings












I made over 20 biplanes Saturday while watching the new Gilmore Girls special on Netflix. I need to make about ten more. Most will go to my co-workers so they remember Santa delivers in an airplane, as we all know.

 I also finished Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children.  I feel I am ready for the movie now. My DD told me the second book was so-so. I am giving myself a pass at slogging through this next book and returning to my winter reading. I am particularly into Peter James right now. He writes police detective books out of the UK. I've read two so far as it's been difficult to find at my local libraries.

Those two - Looking Good Dead & Love You Dead were good enough for me to have an ebay moment and I bought both for my mom as a Christmas gift. Powell's Book Store (might be the largest book store in the world - right here in Portland) did not have a single Peter James book.
 

 Because I also bought books through Powell's because their cyber/black friday special was free shipping plus 20% off. Deal!








 The dentist office had a few magazines - this one with two whole joke pages.
And the roses above. Blooming madly in our 50-60 degree November weather.


"Why is Cinderella so bad at Soccer? She's always running away from the ball"
I need more jokes for the kids at work. My co-workers too.





 DD with her inch of snow up in Alaska.

 In September with her cousins in Minnesota.


And the great-nieces in Singapore. They made that awesome turkey!

Lots  more randomness, but I am back working 12 hr days with a one hour lunch and I am tired. Co-worker has a dental emergency involving an IV drip, a hospital, and the eventual resolution of said crisis. Wouldn't wanna be her.

The last Christmas Bazaar in our area is the Red Mitten Bazaar. Opening tonight for a preview ($3/donation). Running two weekends -- Thursday through Sunday. All handmade wonders. No imported stuff.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE your bi-plane candy sculptures! My grandsons would love those! Thanks for the mention of the bazaar.. I need a few presents for a few people. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    *********************************************
    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
    *********************************************

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two for your grandsons if we can manage a meetup.

      Delete
  2. Is it wrong that my favourite pictures are of the candy? What a great little gifty to give someone - I'd do them for my favourite neighbour kids for Halloween :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The candy biplanes are adorable!

    The turkey in the last pic is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.