28 July, 2013

Sewing A Custom Order


A customer contacted me a few months ago (!) about my snap bags on Etsy. At the time, I was still knee-deep in too much overtime but I kept the option open.



When w-o-r-k let up a bit, I contacted her and she was still interested - in LSU colors (Louisiana Tigers).





Two snap bags.
These measure about 7" x 6". Nice make-up bag size.








Here's a better sense of the Purple and Old Gold. My camera deepened the purple quite a bit.
I spent more on the fabric order than what I will make on this order. Not so much on the LSU color fabrics but on some serious airplane fabrics that hijacked my shopping cart.

So -- custom orders help you buy more fabric - right?


Trimmed in purple gingham and old gold rickrack, these play nicely with the LSU colors without becoming overwhemingly PURPLE.


1 comment:

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.