01 December, 2010

Lattice Smocked Scarf

 My friend, Pencilgirl, and I were both inspired to try our hands at Lattice smocking. This was featured in a recent Threads issue; November 2010.  Nicole Smith, the author, wrote a concise, easy-to-follow article about how to do both the lozenge and the lattice style of smocking. We took some spare knit and sewed from the back creating the folds.
Pencilgirl took it another step forward when she came over and showed me a finished scarf. She lattice-smocked each end and did a single row to connect the two ends. This short scarf would look amazing with a broche to hold it in place. She did  a regular hem along all of the edges. This is a silky, thin solid fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.