09 July, 2011

Fifty Licks

Oh My.




My daughter, who is always looking out after her mommy, has found another winner.
Fifty Licks Coconut Lemon Saffron Sorbet.

You can  buy it here. I am putting the word out to my local Thriftway in hopes they will carry it.



"An alluring blend of coconut milk and lemon, infused with saffron, cardamom and star anise"

I have no problem with any of the ingredients and my husband likes it too. My other ice cream is from Coconut Bliss. It's delicious and also difficult for me to find to buy. My local Fred Meyer's carries it sometimes but more often than not, is out of the Dark Chocolate - my fave. Whole Foods still carries the Coconut Bliss line.

I will say this about Fifty-licks: The lemony taste outweighs the coconut and is super creamy.

Both of these ice creams are made locally. Coconut Bliss in Eugene and Fifty Licks right here in Portland.

I see a trip into Portland in my immediate future.

***2012 update. Well - the ice cream is no longer available at Whole Foods. Only on a food cart kinda randomly placed around Portland and the facebook page just tells you to twitter. Yes - that was a grumble. And a whine. I need to figure out how to make this.
Only five ingredients - how hard could it be?

3 comments:

  1. Okay - I need some! And there was a coconut lemon sorbet and mango sorbet at Grocery Outlet a couple days ago... picked up a couple pints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds scrumptious, and I always love to support local folks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.