02 February, 2015

Chicken Hot Pads




I had a productive rainy day Sunday sewing time.
And I needed to change my blog post photo from the last one. Eewww.

Everyone I know was watching the super bowl but me. I've never been into football that much, can't drink the beer {Glutens, barley, hops :'( }. I almost watched it because Pencil Girl helped make the giant lion who made an appearance at the half time show.


 
 



I have a friend who is dire need of replacing her chicky hot pad so I dug out the box from where it had been stored for a few years and found that I already had some chickens cut out and ready to sew. I used to make these for holiday bazaars.

The wings are pockets for your hands. She keeps hers sitting/nesting over the teapot handle.




My zips came in so I was able to finish using up my laminate and I also used this free 'suede'  sample swatch from Spoonflower. Just the right size to make this Dumd Valentine Pouch
.





This one might be my favorite. Soft airplanes.



I tried top-stitching on the vinyl laminate with a dull sewing machine needle and the backside is cruddy with skipped stitches. I am contemplating tossing this one or doing a giveaway. I spent about two seconds thinking about ripping out the top stitching and hand stitching around the heart instead with a thicker thread (the holes in the laminate are permanent). It might have to go into the time-out closet.



2 comments:

  1. Good job on the hot pads! Bawwwk bawwk! I enjoyed seeing the new heart pouches, I love mine! Enjoy your week. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hot pads! Those are so cute!! Hey- I loved these heart pouches! I thought they looked fantastic- even with skipped stitches! I used to sew when I was in high school ( long time ago) and I'm just now starting to get back into it. Glad to have found another enthusiast!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.