13 October, 2013

Dragonfly Purse



 A Dragonfly Purse Finish.




I didn't start this - it appears to be a kit.  I found it at a fabulous garage sale this summer. 
A quilter was giving it up.

Fabric, Ott lights, interfacings, kits, etc.
And at garage sale prices.



It has plenty of pockets. Light colored lining at the pockets and bottom with blue, yes blue, vinyl sewn to make pockets.

One outside pocket and a continuous vinyl pocket separated into five compartments. I like the idea of vinyl pockets - you can see what you are 'organizing'.


I love light colored linings - much easier to not lose something inside the bag.

Look at this sashiko detail. - and the round buttons.
She had completed the panels
       -- from the patchwork to the sashiko stitching to attaching the handles.


Very nice stitching.

All I had to do was put a zipper (not included) at the top,  sew lining to outside panel, insert bottom stiffener (Cardboard (not included)) and sew up the side seams. I just had the panels in my ziploc. --no directions. All that time spent making purses these last two years paid off.

I don't know what the kit was called but I love the dragonfly indigo fabrics.

This is a medium sized purse. That bottom stiffener was 11" x 3" if that helps.

I think I paid less than $5.00 for this ziploc treasure.



***Note to Kyle: Peltex is very stiff. I forget what the next level down is called but this purse has it and it's a bit more flexible. Fusible fleece but a tad stiffer.

4 comments:

  1. wow, what a great find! I love the indigo color and the little dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have a garage sale fairy watching over you. You always find the best stuff! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, and all those pockets are perfect! I also love that it seems thick and sturdy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.