13 February, 2010

Random Valentine's Week Projects

I saw this tutorial via One Pretty Thing for a knitted Big Heart Dishcloth. I had some red acrylic yarn and about two hours later - impressed with how easy it is to knit a dishcloth.

I ran out to Michaels and bought up all their solid color Sugar 'n Cream cotton skeins to send to my 4-H groupies for their Thursday meeting. While they are learning to knit and purl, this project seemed easy enough for a beginner and interesting with Valentine's Day coming up.
(unfortunately, their meeting was canceled and they will resume in a week or so - I will post photos if they can squeeze in another project.)

I am on my second dishcloth - about 3/4 of the way done. The second time is much faster.

 
 
Cotton works better for dishcloths. I used my #7 needles. 

 
Valentine Cupcakes for work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.