24 December, 2014

Marilyn Monroe




Inside zip pocket- like looking up her skirt.

Opposite side - two pockets.
One of the smaller 'photo's on the panel


My neighbor girl has an obsession with Marilyn.

When I was at SewExpo last March (!), I ran into one of my neighbors who was buying this Marilyn fabric panel and I forgot what she was going to make for Tiff but I had to go back to that booth and buy a 1/2 yard panel myself.

It aged well - only 8 months in stash! and I had already decided to make her a messenger bag to haul her stuff around. Fussy cutting took up serious space in my head and I went for it Sunday.
I almost got the bag done before I had to go into work and I finished up the strap and flap this morning.

I still need to scotchguard it and do a final pressing.

I happened to have the right red fabric in stash - small stripe. I used Shapeflex 101 on all of the interfacing. Messenger bags should be slouchy and this iron-on interfacing doesn't give that ripple effect like most iron-on interfacings. Pencil Girl says that's because I need to pre-wash my interfacing first.

Like that's gonna happen.


I mostly used this pattern.

This one didn't need to be done for Christmas, but it is. I have one more item that needs to be sewn, also not needed tomorrow. I can't post some of them as these people read my blog. Also - as soon as the final thread is clipped, they are quickly crammed stashed into a mailing envelope/box aand sent off asap. No time for photos.

All in all, I have done very, very well on my handmade gifts this year.

Merry Christmas to everyone, may the next year be filled with more time to sew and/or create.


5 comments:

  1. Hubby and I both love your Marilyn bag! What a nice neighbor you are! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is way too cool. She is going to positively flip when she sees it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Kathy! Thank you for all of your kind words all year long on my blog. I think you may be my number one most-consistent blog commenter!!!!

    Your bag looks great and ha ha for the zipper pocket being like looking up her skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks.
    I let Tiff have it for Christmas Day but had her bring it back later so I could scotchguard it. She was thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.