21 July, 2015

Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour

 Chocolate Chip Cookies. 10 dozen.
Made for the drug dealer son and the freezer.




I made them with Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour - make your recipes gluten free.

By far and away -  the easiest gluten free flour I've ever used.
Exchange it for 1 cup of regular flour. I've used it in several recipes and I can't tell the difference. Cakes are moist, Cookies are crisp and chewy.

The 1 to 1 flour made these with a nice crackle surface. Very pretty.

I have reached that age in my life where I need to store flour in the fridge. I rarely bake - I can't eat what I make as I eat very little grains. My kids are up and out of the house. I can bake for work but things have not been friendly there lately. 

I particularly WISH  ( please!) that Bob's Red Mill would change their packaging to a ziploc-style closure. They are packaged in cellophane bags which have to be closed somehow. I always throw them into a ziploc bag once opened to keep pantry moths out and because I've had that cellophane tear and produce a mess. So - Bob's Red Mill - if you are listening??? Ziploc closure would be very welcome.








 I also made some Daffodil pens for work today. I buy the cheap back-to-school (already?) pens, drill holes in the end and hot glue the flower stem inside and then wrap with floral tape. Easy peasy.
 

 My only rule is extreme cheapness. The daffodils came from an estate sale - marked 25 cents. She threw them in as a bonus.

While I have some customers who will steal even a flower pen, these tend to stay much longer than a naked pen.




5 comments:

  1. I love flower pens! You're so nice to make them for that place. Your cookies look yummy-liscious!! We head to MO tomorrow. I'm getting homesick! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pens look fab, thanks for the tip! I put pens into a pot on my desk and then done dirt of alchemy turns them into broken pencils!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pens and good to hear about the flour. I have a friend who cannot eat gluten and am always sharing things with her when I come across them. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.