27 December, 2017

Quick Extra Christmas Gifts













 By now, you know about my fetish for quick sewing gifts.

These clothesline bowls still do not bore me. They have infinite design possibilities. With fabric and thread, each bowl takes on it's own personality. Made of simple cotton clothesline, these rope bowls are much admired which makes my heart beat in gladness.

When I start each bowl, my biggest thought is what color. Then as I wind the clothesline in on itself, ideas for what it will become, start playing through my fingers. I love the loosening of creativity. I tend to copy more than dream up projects. These clothesline bowls teach me of my creativity, that sits there, waiting for the right project. That something I view as simple, provides much enjoyment for the recipient.







 My mom and dad stopped off with a christmas bouquet for me.


My co-worker, who has worn these tights the past three christmas seasons, was told by customers that her snowflakes, weren't, ahem, snowflakes. Let me know if you see it too.



And, finally, my shining moment of Christmas cheer was with Santa.


12 comments:

  1. He's my favorite Santa of all time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bowls are works of art.. have you submitted them to the county fair? If not, you should! Cute shot of you and Santa! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bowls are beautiful. So nicely done. I have purchased the clothesline to do this since I love them so much, and there it sits in a basket. What is wrong with me????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Been there. Look for some tips to get started and just do it. If you search clothesline in my blog, I share some tips in some earlier posts.

      Delete
    2. I'd email you direct with tips but your profile doesn't list an email address.

      Delete
  4. Your bowls are gorgeous! I love your Christmas headband & earrings. Good thing Santa stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed by all the unique designs you come up with for your bowls. They are all so beautiful.
    The photo with Santa is wonderfully warm. Even Santa snail mails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the green on the "snowflakes " confirms the suspicion! Who on earth designed something like that??? Happy New Year xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are my winner! I'll have to think of something for a prize!

      Delete
  7. Heehee @ the "snowflake" stockings :D I didn't know how much I liked orange ... until I saw your orange bowl - that one is particularly lovely! The blue one is nice too, with it's Princess Leia side embellishments :D Merry (belated) Christmas, and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.