29 June, 2014

Summer Excess




The Summer of Excess.
Bumper crops on  both the Raspberries and Blueberries and the Fabric.

I may have had a moment at Fabric Depot last night.
I had seen a new line of airplane fabrics when I was there a few weeks ago and I lusted after them.

I already had to go to the fabric store for some thumb hooks to attach a strap to a bag.
The sheer 40% Off All Fabrics overwhelmed me.
There was no contemplation at all of what I will make with these fabrics.



Not exactly what I was looking for but the cheapest. $1.89 each. This is why I cut hardware off bags I find at garage sales.





This is my favorite -- the biplanes and the postmarked letters. Done in my favorite color combo of aqua and orange.



This is a line by Riley Blake in the same color combo featuring old comic book advertising.
----Just because I had a dog named Rocket - which I will never repeat because that dog zoomed off like a rocket.

---just because I like airplanes and other things that fly....







 I covered my blueberry bushes last week and did the first picking this morning.

It's been cool and wet and humid this week. They will reach their peak in the next week or two.

I need to go to the store this morning and buy plain yogurt to make my Blueberry yogurt muffins. I can't eat them but everyone else loves them.
Someday, I might try to make it a gluten-free, no dairy, no weirdness
recipe.
For covering, I look for bridal netting at garage sales or buy some at Joanns/Walmart. Secured with clothespins.
 We still have some straggling strawberries to pick.


My final piece of fabric was found at the cutting counter. From wide stripes to thin stripes - she was making a maxi-skirt for her daughter. Having no control at all last night, I bought some too.
It will look good for the 4th of July party.





2 comments:

  1. The fabric looks perfect, but oh the raspberrys - mmmmmmm my favourite fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bite your tongue! There is no such thing as "excess fabric". You (and I) can never have too much. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.